Sunday Worship: 9:30 am
Pastor: John Wright
- Sunday Worship: 9:30, Sanctuary; Communion first Sunday of month
- Pastor: John Wright. Enthusiastic “2nd career” minister
- Music: Barbara Hays. Energetic, caring musical professional
- Discipleship: programs to aid Christian growth; Scriptural training; Methodist beliefs
- Mission works: educational scholarships; child evangelism; Christian Men United
- Opportunities to serve: Christian Men United; music; child evangelism
- Fellowship: Nelia Tingle
Aerial view of Fairfields UMC grounds.
Main building is in foreground, on the right.
Activities Building is in upper center.
Our building, at the corner of Rte. 360. and Hack’s Neck Road in Burgess. An interactive map is at the left bottom of this page.
The Mission of Fairfields United Methodist Church is to be an instrument of God’s love by spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ and ministering to all people.
Local historian Carolyn Jett compiled a fascinating, beautifully written history of our church and Methodism in this part of Virginia, from the 1700’s until the present. History FUMC.
Old Fairfields Cemetery
This historic country graveyard is at the intersection of Hull’s Neck and Folly roads in Edwardsville. This was the site of Fairfields’ first church building, when these roads were the route to the courthouse (before US Rte 360).
The church moved to Burgess in the 1920’s.
The cemetery is still used today. For information call the church office at 804-453-3770.